Michael H. Reshad, DDS –Periodontist and Implant Specialist Midtown NY
Michael H. Reshad, DDS
Periodontics and Implant Surgery
Implant Dentistry, Implant Surgery, Preventive Dentistry, Teeth Whitening, Oral Surgery, Bad Breath Cures (Halitosis), Periodontal Therapy
About Dr. Michael H. Reshad
Dr. Reshad is a top-rated, midtown east NYC Periodontist and Implant Specialist.
He is a former Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at New York University, where he completed his three-year specialty training in Periodontics and Implant Surgery.
Before completing his three-year specialty training in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, he graduated from New York University College of Dentistry in 1995 where he was awarded honors in Implants and Comprehensive Care.
His wish to be an integral part of a multi-specialty dental practice and his know-how in dental Implants and Periodontics ensure that his patients receive the best possible dental care.
He is both highly skilled and caring towards his patients. He treats them like family. He always takes the time to explain different treatment options in detail and puts the patients’ interests first. His high ethical standards and altruism are exemplified by the regular work he does for non-profit organizations in outreach programs in New York and abroad.
He is an active member of numerous dental organizations, including the American Academy of Periodontology, the Northeastern Society of Periodontists, and the Academy of Osseointegration. He frequently lectures on the topic of Periodontics and Implant surgery and attends many seminars both in the United States and Europe to keep up to date with the rapidly advancing technology of Implants and Periodontics.
Dr. Reshad received his Baccalaureate degree in biology in Paris, France, and then attended Xavier Bichat Medical School before relocating to New York.
Optimal results: periodontal disease and dental implants
Some of you many know that a Periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the treatment and care of periodontal disease, hence gums and supporting bone structures as well as of dental Implant placement.
Dr. Reshad’s primary goal is to ensure that you benefit from the best and most comprehensive periodontal and implant treatments. He will employ the most advanced techniques to save your natural teeth and also to restore function and esthetics.
A specialist like Dr.Reshad focuses on precision, top-quality materials to produce the best aesthetical results. 25 years of experience are also key to create an aesthetically perfect dental implant. Rely on Dr. Reshad for the best dental care in New York City.
Dr. Reshad’s absolute priority is to treat your periodontal disease and to save your teeth. Unnecessary procedures or dental implants are strictly avoided.
Periodontist and Implant Specialist Midtown East NYC – Treatments Offered
Dr. Reshad sees patients at early stages of gum disease (gingivitis) as well as later ones (periodontitis).
With his extensive training and 25 years of experience, Dr. Reshad is an expert in the latest surgical procedures of implant placement techniques as well as in diagnosing and treating periodontal disease.
The purpose of his periodontal work is to cure gum disease and prevent tooth loss. He performs gum grafting procedures to cover exposed root surfaces for those patients whose gums have receded.
He also performs cosmetic periodontal procedures like gingival contouring for patients who have excessive gum tissue (aka gummy smile). Patients can thus achieve a more esthetic smile.
Dr. Reshad provides the following periodontal services:
- Periodontal Evaluation and consultation
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatments like scaling and root planing are also referred to as deep cleaning. These procedures help to treat moderate to mild gum disease. Dr. Reshad works on exposed roots and below the gum line using ultrasonic tools to remove plaque and hardened calculus. This procedure is called scaling. Planing instead refers to the smoothing out of dental roots’ rough edges. The result is a reduction of bacterial adherence to gum pockets. Gums’ reattachment is also easier.
- Periodontal Surgery is also referred to as osseous surgery and pockets reduction. Dr. Reshad will use it if you suffer from severe gum disease that cannot be treated with antibiotics and root planing. He will make a small incision along your gum line and eliminate the bacteria under your gum tissue after folding it back.
- Gum Grafts are surgical procedures aimed at covering exposed roots (receding gums), which may lead to sensitivity and in severe cases, tooth loss. Dr. Reshad will use a quick surgical approach to take healthy gum tissue from the roof of your mouth and use it where it has receded.
- Bone Grafts are used if your bone is severely damaged by advanced periodontal disease.
- Gingival contouring
- Crown lengthening
- Pinhole Technique
- Sinus Lift
- Implant placement
- All on 4
Are you from midtown east NYC? Do you have inflamed, bleeding, or receding gums or need dental Implants?
If so, then consider a consultation with a periodontist and implant specialist like Dr. Reshad. If left untreated, periodontal disease may lead to tooth loss.
Dr. Reshad of Sutton Place Dental Associates offers the best in class treatments to patients from around the New York City area and NYC tourists.
Call or book online to visit our comfortable Midtown East, New York, office. 212-644-1011.
- Alex M.5/18/2019 - ZocDoc
I am a repeat patient at this practice and will always use this practice for all my dental work. This time the professional advice of Dr. Reshad, the high quality of his work the helpful , caring and professional staff all contributed to a great experience at Sutton Place Dental.
Meet the rest of the dental team
Dr. Joseph Salim
General & Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Mina Elahi
Dr. Shahpari Nazeri
Prosthodontics, General & Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Matthew Malek
Endodontics & Endodontic Microsurgery
Dr. Bahram Modiri
General & Cosmetic Dentistry